Sustainable Hand Wash
One of the easiest preventive measures for avoiding colds & flus is hand washing. But not all hand washes are created equal. Available in four scents, Plaine Products offers an vegan, cruelty-free hand wash that’s safe for you and your skin! Instead of drying your skin our plant-based, biodegradable formula actually nourishes skin while it cleans.
A Hand Soap with Natural Ingredients
Unlike most main stream hand washes our first (and main) ingredient is aloe. This means our hand wash has antioxidants like beta carotene, Vitamin C and E. All of these aid in reducing the appearance of damaged skin. Aloe also contains more than 75 nutrients, including minerals and essential amino acids. They provide hydration to the skin to promote a healthy and refreshed complexion. This means that even if you are washing your hands multiple times a day our soap won’t dry your skin as other hand soaps do.
Part of that is also because of what’s NOT in our products. None of these chemicals, common in other hand washes, are in Plaine Products. Check your labels to make sure none are in any other hand wash you may use:
1. Triclosan is similar to the pesticide Agent Orange and can cause decreased fertility, birth defects, and damage to major body organs.
2. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) is a common ingredient in shampoos, liquid soaps, and toothpaste. It is linked to skin and eye irritation, organ toxicity, developmental/reproductive toxicity, and much more.
4. Synthetic Colors are made from coal tar. They cause skin sensitivity and irritation. Animal studies have shown almost all of them to be carcinogenic. They will be labeled as FD&C or D&C, followed by a color and a number.
5. Synthetic Fragrance often contain phthalates. These are endocrine disrupters that mimic hormones and may alter genital development. Avoid products that list ‘fragrance‘ as an ingredient, or look for a phthalate-free label on the packaging. All of the scents in Plaine Products are from essential oils.
6. Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) is a common ingredient in hand sanitizer. It is linked to cancer, birth defects, developmental/reproductive toxicity, and organ system toxicity.
7. Benzalkonium Chloride (BAC) is used in hand sanitizers and belongs to a group of germicides knows as “quats“. It is linked to cancer, allergies/immunotoxicity, and organ system toxicity.
Why Our Vegan Hand Wash isn’t Anti-bacterial
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), there isn’t enough science to show that antibacterial soaps are better at preventing illness than washing with plain soap and water. To date, the benefits of using antibacterial hand soap haven’t been proven. In addition, the FDA says that the wide use of these products over a long time has raised the question of potential negative effects on your health. You can read more on this here. So instead of drying your hands, like most anti-bacterial soaps, Plaine Products hand soap washes while protecting the skin.
Award Winning Eco Friendly Hand Wash
US News & World Report just put out their 2023 Best Hand Wash list and Plaine Products was chosen for Most Eco-Friendly Hand Wash. Along with Plaine Products, there were some well-known names on the list. They included: Mrs. Meyers, 365 by Whole Foods, Cetaphil, La Roche-Posay, Bath & Body Works, and Aesop. According to the CDC, washing your hands is one of the best ways to keep you and those around you from getting sick, which is why US News compiled the list.