Tips to help keep hair hydrated in winter
- Try shampooing less, perhaps every other day, or even twice a week. Overwashing can lead to dryness in your hair and scalp. Everyone’s hair type and scalp are different, but often, overwashing can cause your scalp to be oilier than usual. If your hair and scalp are oily, try a dry shampoo. This will help the hair retain some of the natural oils that keep it healthy. One other benefit of shampooing less? Your bottle of Plaine Products shampoo will last even longer!
- Skip the blow-dryer or hot tools, and let your hair air-dry. The excessive heat can be harsh on already dried out hair.
- Take a lukewarm instead of a hot shower, which can strip the skin, hair, and scalp of moisture and damage the delicate skin on your scalp. Rinsing your hair with warm or cool water will help to maintain hair health and won’t cause further dryness.
- Deep conditioners or coconut oil treatments are another great way to hydrate the hair and scalp in winter. Add it to your routine once a week. Hair oils can nourish and hydrate hair and protect it from further damage from the dry winter air. Additionally, keeping your hair well moisturized can help with hat hair and static. We have also had many customers report that they use Plaine Products conditioner as a leave-in conditioner, which can also help with hair static.
- A humidifier can help the air from getting too dry in your home. Humidifiers put moisture back into the air and can help hair retain its natural moisture.
- It is also important to hydrate your body all year long, but especially in winter. Eating foods rich in Vitamin-C and Omega-3s, such as fish oil, and drinking plenty of water is important to hydrate your body from the inside out. Drinking plenty of water can also help encourage hair growth and lead to a healthier scalp. Just don’t forget your reusable water bottle!
How Plaine Products can help
The main ingredient in our organic products, including our shampoo and conditioner, is aloe. Aloe is rich in antioxidants like beta carotene, Vitamin C and E and also contains more than 75 nutrients, including minerals and essential amino acids. These provide hydration and contribute to healthy hair by conditioning and moisturizing the hair and scalp.
Plaine Products is also sulfate-free. Sulfates are often found in shampoo, but they can strip hair of beneficial oils and cause problems for damaged hair. Learn more about the 5 ingredients that are NOT in Plaine Products here: 5 Things You Don’t Want in Your Shampoo.
As you read down the list of our ingredients you’ll notice that they are all-natural. We have a commitment to our customers and our environment. Because of this, our products are not only toxin-free, they are are also biodegradable and cruelty-free.