You’ve been hearing it everywhere. Wash Your Hands. It’s our best line of defense against viruses of any kind. The recommendation is to wash your hands with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. When you wash your hands with soap and water, you’re “actually annihilating the viruses, rendering them harmless.” The science is pretty fascinating, but essentially soap dissolves the very structure of the virus.
How should I wash my hands?
Here’s what the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water. Turn off the tap to save water and apply soap.
- Scrub your hands, for at least 20 seconds. This is key. Most of us don’t scrub our hands for nearly long enough. 20 seconds is about the amount of time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” twice. (When you get tired of Happy Birthday, check out these other great suggestions of songs to sing!) Be sure to wash the fronts and backs of your hands and under your fingernails where microbes are lingering.
- Rinse your hands well in clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them. Air drying = less waste!
Why choose Plaine Products’ hand wash?
– Our Natural Hand Wash isn’t anti-bacterial. And that’s a good thing.
– Our aloe-based hand wash will help keep your skin from drying out
– Plaine Products does not have any of these nasty ingredients. Seriously, you don’t want these in your hand wash.
Further tips to stop the spread of the coronavirus from the World Health Organization:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
2. Avoid touching your face, eyes, mouth, and nose.
3. Avoid contact with people who are vulnerable. And if you can’t, wear a mask.
4. Cover your cough with the bend of your elbow.
5. Disinfect surfaces you regularly use.
6. If you feel unwell, stay at home and call your healthcare provider.
7. Only share information from trusted sources.
8. Wash your hands. (Did we mention that already?)
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the coronavirus. Clean your hands often, socially distance yourself from others, and stay home, especially if you’re not feeling well. And if you are running low on soap, know that we are still open for business and can ship you our new Rosemary Mint Vanilla hand wash or our Citrus Lavender scented hand wash right away. Make a good choice for you and the planet.