Thank you all for a wonderful year with Plaine Products! If you missed them, these were our top 5 blog posts from 2018! All with ways to reduce plastic in your life!
Plaine Products Posts
- DIY Wax Wraps, A Replacement for Plastic Wrap, Wax Wraps are a great replacement for plastic wrap (a.k.a. saran wrap, cling wrap, etc). These sustainable products can be made from cotton cloth with either bee’s wax, vegan plant-based candelilla wax, or non-GMO Soy wax. The best part? They can be used over and over.
- Zero Waste Week Idea: DIY Toothpaste (it’s not as hard or as crazy as it sounds), Believe me when I tell you that you can make your own toothpaste. I have actually done it. Even better, I’ve been using it for long enough that I’ve had a dentist appointment where the health of my teeth was complimented, so it seems to be working.
- Zero Waste Hair Care: Deep Conditioning Treatment & Rinse For Dry/Damaged Hair, Huge thanks to Zerowastezen for this guest post on zero waste hair care routines. It includes recipes for her deep conditioning treatment and a rinse for dry/damaged hair!
- 5 Things You Don’t Want in Your Conditioner, The first ingredient in Plaine Products’ vegan shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion is aloe. Ingredients are listed by weight, so the first items on the list make up the bulk of the product. There’s a number of ingredients most mainstream products have that ours doesn’t.
- Zero Waste Hair Care Routine, Thanks to Ariana Palmieri for sharing her own zero waste hair care routine!
Posts from other sites you should check out!
- Plastic lasts more than a lifetime, and that’s the problem, PBS – Around the world, waves of plastic are washing ashore and clogging landfills. Even though plastic pollution is now one of the largest environmental threats facing humans and animals, our appetite for the virtually indestructible material keeps growing.
- 10 Shocking Facts About Plastic, National Geographic – These photographs were selected from our Your Shot community. Join Your Shot and tag your images #PlanetorPlastic to share your images of plastic use with our community.
- Plastic Isn’t The Enemy, Our Single-Use Mindset Is, Forbes – Carrying canvas bags and refusing straws in cafes are steps, but they are indeed just that: small —tiny— steps on a million mile journey. In order to achieve sustainable change, it’s crucial to think about our consumption habits.
- Recycling Isn’t Going to Stop Plastic from Destroying the Earth, Teen Vogue – “The problem is that recycling is a business, so it’s economics that are going to influence whether something is recycled or not much more than the technical ability for that material to be recycled,” Stiv Wilson, a plastics pollution expert and director of campaigns at the Story of Stuff Project. Although the current state of recycling partially depends on having a market for recycled waste products, that wasn’t always a driving force behind the process.
- A sea change: how one small island showed us how to save our oceans, The Guardian – In just 10 years, the Isle of Man has rid its beaches of plastic and earned Unesco status as a world leader in ocean protection. So how did it do it?
- ‘Single-Use’ Is The 2018 Word Of The Year, Collins Dictionary Says, NPR – Single-use “encompasses a global movement to kick our addiction to disposable products. From plastic bags, bottles and straws to washable nappies, we have become more conscious of how our habits and behaviours can impact the environment,” Collins says.