Generally, Plaine Products’ Hair Repair works to smooth the hair shaft by filling in breakage and mending split ends. It helps detangle by reducing friction between hair strands-making it easier to get through stubborn tangles. Here are some ideas for ways Hair Repair can be used:
- Heat Protectant: Spray on damp hair before using a blow-dryer or hot tools to help seal the cuticle and protect hair from heat. The Hair Repair works as a heat protector before styling because it contains Shea Oil and Grapeseed Oil. Shea Oil has natural thermal conductivity and Grape Seed Oil is commonly used as a heat protectant because of its high smoke point of 420 degrees.
- Detangler: Spray on wet or damp hair then gently use a wide-tooth comb to detangle. Always start at the bottom of the hair shaft and work your way up to prevent breakage. Great for kids’ tangles.
- Mend split-ends: Use every day or especially after a color service to help mend split ends. To help prevent split ends get your hair trimmed regularly.
- Leave-in conditioner: After conditioning in the shower, spray on damp hair for extra hydration, or use in place of a conditioner. With aloe as a main ingredient, it will add shine and soften the hair.
- Reduces frizz/static: Spray on damp hair, concentrating on hair ends. When hair is dry, spritz again to reduce static.
Tips for how to use Hair Repair Spray in the Summer or on Vacation
- Pre- and post-pool: Rinse hair with fresh, clean water. Spray hair liberally with Hair Repair to “fill” the hair. This will prevent the hair from soaking up chlorine water. After swimming, shampoo, condition and spray again with Hair Repair.
- Before going in the sun: Add hydration and protect the hair from the sun’s rays, which can be drying.
Tips for Using Hair Repair for Different hair types
- Curly Hair: Spray on damp or dry second-day hair to refresh and define curls.
- Gray hair: Add moisture and shine to gray hair which tends to lack luster and needs extra hydration.
For Hairstylists: Hair Repair is great as a cutting tool instead of water, it adds hydration and lets you comb through tangles easily. Use after a color service to moisturize and fill damaged hair.
Plaine Products is working to build out our hair styling products. But we’re doing so intentionally, creating products that have as many purposes as possible so your bathroom counter isn’t covered in bottles. If there’s something you’re missing, please let us know!