It’s no secret that it’s been a scary flu season. One of the easiest preventive measures for avoiding the flu, and other illnesses, is hand washing. But not all hand washes are created equal. Plaine Products offers an aloe based hand wash that’s safe for you and your skin! To help out during flu season Plaine Products is offering a discount on our hand wash, no coupon needed.
Our Natural Hand Wash isn’t anti-bacterial and that’s a good thing
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), there isn’t enough science to show that antibacterial soaps are better at preventing illness than washing with plain soap and water. To date, the benefits of using antibacterial hand soap haven’t been proven. In addition, the FDA says that the wide use of these products over a long time has raised the question of potential negative effects on your health. You can read more on this here.
Our aloe based hand wash will help keep your skin from drying out
Our natural hand wash stops germs without drying your skin. Because when flu prevention experts advise you to wash your hands, they don’t mean a light drizzle of water. You have to use soap and warm water — and rub hands for 15 to 20 seconds. You can sing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song twice while rubbing to help keep track of the time.
Unlike most main stream hand washes our first (and main) ingredient is aloe. This means our hand wash has antioxidants like beta carotene, Vitamin C and E. All of these aid in reducing the appearance of damaged skin. Aloe also contains more than 75 nutrients, including minerals and essential amino acids. They provide hydration to the skin to promote a healthy and refreshed complexion. This means that even if you are washing your hands multiple times a day our soap won’t dry your skin as other hand soaps do. Part of that is also because of what’s NOT in our products.
Ingredients you don’t want in your hand wash
None of these chemicals, common in other hand washes, are in Plaine Products. Check your labels to make sure none are in any other hand wash you may use:
1. Triclosan is similar to the pesticide Agent Orange and can cause decreased fertility, birth defects, and damage to major body organs.
2. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) is a common ingredient in shampoos, liquid soaps, and toothpaste. It is linked to skin and eye irritation, organ toxicity, developmental/reproductive toxicity, and much more.
3. Parabens preserve other ingredients and extend a product’s shelf life. But they have hormone-disrupting effects and can can cause diminished muscle mass and extra fat storing.
4. Synthetic Colors are made from coal tar. They cause skin sensitivity and irritation. Animal studies have shown almost all of them to be carcinogenic. They will be labeled as FD&C or D&C, followed by a color and a number.
5. Synthetic Fragrance often contain phthalates. These are endocrine disrupters that mimic hormones and may alter genital development. Avoid products that list ‘fragrance‘ as an ingredient, or look for a phthalate-free label on the packaging. All of the scents in Plaine Products are from essential oils.
6. Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) is a common ingredient in hand sanitizer. It is linked to cancer, birth defects, developmental/reproductive toxicity, and organ system toxicity.
7. Benzalkonium Chloride (BAC) is used in hand sanitizers and belongs to a group of germicides knows as “quats“. It is linked to cancer, allergies/immunotoxicity, and organ system toxicity.